Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Army Daze

A lot of my friends ask me:
"Eh, why ur blog all chinese one, my computer cannot read I also cannot(dun know how to) read?"
"Wah. so cheena.... words so small so sian to read lor"
"English more user friendly mah"

For those who seldom come here, this blog is suppose to be a bilingual blog, as far as possible, depends on my mood and the entry.

So in the future, in order to receive fewer complains I have decided to write more English entries. Think this is also a better way to prevent my England from deterioting after my 4 years stay at Taiwan.

But you know... I am a more cheena person.

This entry is in english solely because I am writing for a group of army friends who claimed they anti-chinese, since their secondary school days, where reading chinese seemed to happen in their previous lives.

Caught up with a few army friends yesterday at Marina Steamboat. Didn't meet ever since we orded 2 months ago. Some of us did change a bit but some leopards (actually 1 lah) just can't change his spots. Ha ha.

We took this pic when we were waiting for bus to go home. While posing, KL (spot him in the pic, the most XL one) kept shouting "933...933" so loudly even the Malays heard it, I was blushing. Never wanted this kind of publicity. And I doubt the kind Malay girl who took this photo for us knew wat was gg on, but I could see her sniggering under her breathe.

Think it had been a long time since everyone got together. We started talking about Army Days over dinner, lamenting on the lousy officers and the amount of SK and hardships we had gone through. The devil side was unleashed after been kept deep for 2 months. Vulgarities were spewed and spouted conveniently over the tables, maybe because no girls were around. But I think girls on the other side of the table heard us. KL had a loud and powerful vocal.

Many a times, my other friends will tell me how sad and tedious their army life were. Complaining about the time they had for themselves and their precious youth spent on NS. I am not a saint. I do complain. But I enjoyed more. It gave me strength and courage, very good buddies and chance to see how some people work "differently" from others, gossips and fatherly love from "enciks". That 2 years did change me a bit I guess unknowingly.

And I knew it when I started to miss the days....

Shit

But can I dun go reservist?

No comments: