
Some memories are amazing.
They hide quietly behind your mind and slowly creep up to you at the most unexpected time.
Made my re-visit to National Cultural Centre on Sunday, as I was watching a performance there.
I could remember clearly that I was at the same spot 4 years ago when I was then a JC1 going to JC2. It was a school exchange programme. One of the significant landmarks we had to visit was this area, which compassed 蒋介石“中正纪念堂”, the concert hall and the theatre house.A group of us did superhero poses on the steps.... if you could remember.
I didn't recall myself taking any "sentimental pills" that day, but was exactly feeling quite emotional standing at the centre of the parade square taking photos. The wind was blowing like time flying pass me, memories pouring out from every corners and drawers.

Although I came here for already a month, I didn't feel I was really at Taiwan. Like nothing different compared to my previous living environment. Except that my family is not with me, I have new friends. Until I saw the old antique buildings in front of me, then the feeling became strong, I felt I did come to a new place.
Whenever I see this structure, it reminds me of my Alma Mater. They look so much alike. Even the name.Historically, they are connected.
And I am glad to be in part of the history.



No comments:
Post a Comment