Thursday, July 06, 2006

Contact Lenses

Ladies and Gentlemen:

I am proud to announce that I will be wearing my contact lenses from now on (cross fingers no infection or any red eye story crop up). And please be informed that I looked weird. Sorry if I have ever doubt you saying my eyes are small, not that I dun believe, but I have never thought they are so UNPROPORTIONATELY out of place. Bad news for me, I looked even more boyish now. Can't even recognise myself... too handsome... ha ha like real.

I have finally decided to take up the challenge this afternoon. Since my NS days are over, I don't need to chiong swa or camp in the forest. Moreover, I will be embarking on a new chapter of my life soon, some old things have to change.

I cannot imagine myself being so decisive this time. Stepped into the shop and demand for a pair of lenses, making clear that this is my VIRGIN attempt. Soon, my eyes underwent multiple checks. Ranging from shooting air into my eyes, to flipping my eyelid. Pain....

After all the routines, time to wear the lenses... I have always had this phobia to touch my eyeball. Sound "kiddish" to those Old Birds who can simply put in lenses with a snap of fingers. I struggled in front of the lady optician, trying to tear open my eyelid, to squeeze the contact len in. She was hiding her gaffaws behind my back. Not because I took years to wear the len, but because I had the tendency to open my mouth whenever I attempted to wear the contact len. Shit, that have to change...

I dun know how long I took exactly. 30mins? to put on both sides and take off. But the experience was good... at least I dare to feel my eyeballs now.

I am wearing them while typing this, feeling a bit dry now... first day ha ha.... must let my eyes rest....

Shit, how long will I take to remove my lenses this time?

No comments: